On July 2018, Google announced that mobile page experience and speed will, from then on, be used as a search ranking factor. This move was prompted by the increased use of mobile phones in search, purchases, video streaming, and much more.
Optimizing for mobile has become a necessity rather than an option. Sites that are not mobile- optimized run the risk of lagging behind in terms of SEO. Optimizing for mobile means the following:
- Responsive website that enables resizing to fit the device.
- Navigability and accessibility with menus and other buttons easy to tap.
- Readability of content
- Lesser, if not absence, of intrusive ads.
Striving to increase your mobile conversion rate is necessary for ranking. The conversion rate for mobile is often influenced and improved by:
- Improving Site Design for all devices.
- The use of attractive images
- Enabling Autocomplete
- Using Urgency
- Opt-ins, especially for Mobile Use
- Good videos and other forms of content and using CTAs
- Convenient shopping, checking out and payment for Ecommerce sites